recipe adapted from http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/03/coconut-bread/
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk– i only had almond milk on hand, and it worked out just fine
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 ounces sweetened flaked coconut (about 1 1/2 cups packed)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or melted and browned, if desired
- Vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray for baking pan
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add sugars and coconut, and stir to mix. Make a well in the center, and pour in egg mixture, then stir wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Add butter, and stir until just smooth — be careful not to overmix.
Butter and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or coat it with a nonstick spray. Spread batter in pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, anywhere from 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool in pan five minutes, before turning out onto a cooling rack.