recipe from here. these were delicccccccious and really easy to make. the recipe called for green peppers, but everyone knows that cooked green peppers are one of the worst things ever so i ignored that part. also, i made these with/for annina and paul, and so i switched out wheat for corn tortillas to accommodate for a gluten-free diet.
- 30 ounces canned black beans, drained and divided in 2 bowls
- 1-1.5 pounds ground lean turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can enchilada sauce, divided (note: i think it’s good to have extra on hand just in case you need it)
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend, divided (note: i used more like 2 cups)
- wheat or corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mash 15 ounces black beans; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mashed beans, remaining whole beans, half of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- Place 2/3 cupfuls of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 11×7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
paul realized i never have pictures of me making stuff, so he took some. woo!
then we transitioned from food time to craft time, and make halloweeny pillows. annina made a bat!