recipe form here
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 16 1-ounce shots <– for me, it was more like 12 or 13
- 3 oz Jell-O or other gelatin (any flavor)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) vodka (or other distilled spirit)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Chill the liquor and cold water mix in the refrigerator so they are a consistent temperature.
- Pour gelatin into a bowl.
- Add boiling water, stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in chilled liquor and water mix and food coloring (optional).
- Pour into shot glasses, molds, or a baking pan for a sheet of Jell-O to cut up once set. Tip: The small, plastic or paper shot cups are perfect because the drinker can just squeeze the shot out.
- Refrigerate until the liquid sets. (At least 2 hours, but overnight refrigeration is recommended)
- Serve cold.