recipe adapted from here
- add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar (or less if you want) to a pot and bring to boil. turn off heat and stir well until sugar dissolves. let cool. (put in freezer to speed up this process if you are impatient like me)
- combine 2 chopped/peeled mangoes (or frozen equivalent, as i did) with one pint strawberries and 1/3 cup lime juice in a food processor. add simple syrup from step 1.
- process until as smooth as desired. pour into container and refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for about 20 minutes.
- put in ice cream maker for about 25 minutes.
- pour back into container and freeze until ready to serve. if you wait too long, you might need to let it thaw a bit before stirring