recipe adapted from betty crocker
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas (approx 2 small bananas)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, beat 2/3 cup sugar, the oil and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- In small bowl, mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle evenly over all the muffins.
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.