This was really great for Memorial Day brunch! I made way too much egg mixture, so I ended up having a lot of extra for eggs baked in muffin tins for breakfast the next day.
Yield: Six 3.5″ round quiches + 5 mini muffin tin quiches. You can easily make way less by scaling this down however you like.
- 16 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk (optional)
- Herbs — fresh rosemary, thyme, and basil
- Veggies– white onion, mushroom, potato, potato
- Chicken sausage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook whatever veggies/meat you like best, in whatever way you prefer. I sauteed the onions and mushrooms with salt/ pepper/ garlic; diced the potato + baked it with rosemary/ salt/ pepper; and diced/sauteed the chicken sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, if not already on from baking veggies.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl, pour in milk, and toss in herbs + salt/pepper. Beat eggs with whisk or hand mixer until yolks are broken up and everything is mixed together smoothly.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers, and/or place quiche molds onto a foil-lined baking tray.
- Place veggies + sausage in prepared baking containers.
- Pour egg mixture into containers, no more than 3/4 full!
- If you wanna get fancy, tear a few chives and place on top of each quiche.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into egg comes out clean.