- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 basil leaves
- 3 sprigs basil, (pulled off of the tough center parts)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine (or red wine, or vinegar in a pinch)
- To prepare marinate, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until liquid. If you don’t have a food processor/ blender, cut up everything as small as possible and mix it all together.
- Cut up about 1 pound of chicken into tender-size pieces. Throw into a large ziplock bag.
- Add marinade to bag. Put back in fridge and let sit at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill (or oven) to about 400F.
- Cook chicken until inside temperature reaches 160F. (I first set a timer for when it reached 100F, so that I could flip them then!)
We served this with: 1) salad greens mix tossed with chopped carrots, chopped red onions, sliced tomatoes, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. 2) quinoa cooked with carrot, 3) Purple potatoes and sweet potatoes, 4) avocado. It was AMAZING.