- Two portions salmon
- 1/2 cup diced onion– shallot, red onion, yellow onion, or combination
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package fresh grape/cherry tomatoes (I used yellow because I thought they were pretty)
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- In a large pan with a lid available, sautee onion and garlic together until slightly translucent
- Cut tomatoes in half and add to pan, sautee another 2 more minutes.
- Add salmon to pan, skin side down
- Add canned tomatoes, broth/water, and wine
- Bring contents of pan to boil, then reduce to a simmer
- Turn salmon over so that it is skin-side up. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Place cover over pan and cook until salmon is done (145 degrees F)
- If contents of pan dry too much while cooking, add more white wine