Recipe followed almost exactly from this blog
-I used the minimum times for each step, and added some cornmeal to the bottom of the loaf before starting to bake. I also added about a 1 teaspoon of brown sugar to the flower in step 1, to help the yeast work in the reduced time. This bread was delicious this morning with home made pesto and scrambled eggs on top!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups luke-warm water
- 1-2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Add the water and using a wooden spoon stir together until the mixture resembles a shaggy dough.
- Cover dough with a plastic wrap and let sit in room temperature for 8-18 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise.
- After dough is ready, preheat oven to 450 F.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and with floured hands form the dough into a ball. Cover with the plastic wrap and let the dough rest.
- While dough is resting, put your dutch oven into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes are up carefully remove the dutch oven and with floured hands place the bread dough into it. (You can put a piece of parchment under it if your dutch oven doesn’t have an enamel coating.)
- Replace the cover and bake for 30 minutes covered. Then remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes uncovered. Bread will be golden, crusty and delicious!