- 1 package firm tofu– drained, pressed, and cut into small cubes
- curry powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- salt/ pepper
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water up to a day (at least a few hours)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, diced (or 1/2 onion)
- 1 bag of spinach
- vegetable oil
- rice on the side
- Sautee shallots, garlic, and ginger together with oil on medium heat for a few minutes. While cooking, use a blender to puree soaked cashews in their water until very smooth. Set this aside. Add spinach to shallot mixture and cook until wilted. Add 1 tablespoon curry powder plus 1 teaspoon of turmeric, plus salt and pepper to taste. After stirring well, pour in cashew cream. Add 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until reduced.
- While other step is going, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon curry powder + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss tofu cubes in this mixture, and then pan-fry in hot oil until crisp.
- In a bowl, scoop rice and then spinach mixture. Top with tofu.