We ate these before I could take a photo to post!
Original recipe from this site. They say this makes 2 cookies, but I think it’s more like 4.
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsatled butter at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- scant 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- chocolate chips or broken pieces of a chocolate bar
- Leave 2 tablespoons of butter out a few hours in advance, if possible.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Do NOT melt the butter at all or your cookies will not work without chilling the dough. (If you had to melt the butter in the microwave because you didn’t leave it out long enough, just hold off on preheating your oven, and put the cookies in the fridge after step 7 for about an hour.)
Combine the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg yolk, in a small bowl until well combined.
Mix together and then add the oats, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
If the batter is too dry add a tiny bit more butter and if it is too wet add a tiny bit more flour.
Using a cookie scoop or your hands make three balls of the batter and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on their size– check after about 7 minutes!) or until lightly browned along the edges. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.